Saturday, January 26, 2019

Bitter cold and getting worse

No wonder January is such a horrible month for depression.  We are headed for a week long deep freeze starting off tomorrow with 10 to 15 cm of snow.  I hope it warms up a bit today so we can bring some wood in for the wood stove.  Enough complaining about the weather.  I will complain about work instead.  I spent all day yesterday adding encumbrances to titles that got missed when they were created.  Through both human and computer error.  I got 70 of them fixed, with another 70 to go.  I sent the next 70 to Brenda in Portage and told her of the rhythm I had going on them.  I was doing my examination for acceptance as I added them, but she will only add them and she promised to confirm they are right before sending them back to me to accept.  We will never re-use titles again!!   On the homefront, Jim and I are having a meeting this morning (booked in advance)  I want to seriously see if I can afford to retire early.  I don't think I can because my pension is reduced so that there is money for Jim if I die (not by choice.... compulsory)  Unfortunately it was not compulsory when Jim retired so there will be nothing for me if he dies.  And too many bills to pay.  There is the possibility of contract work with Land Titles but if I want to retire cause I am fed up with it I wonder if that would be wise.  It would be part time though.  One good thing.  Or maybe there is always McDonalds

No comments:

Post a Comment