Thursday, January 24, 2019

C2 Lecture

I'm aware of the lecture.  Cathie is a friend of mine, as we both belong to The Fibre Art Divas group, of which I've spoken.  She has brought many of her pieces to our meetings to discuss, and I know she has been through some rough times, and uses that experience in creating her pieces.  I'm not sure about going to the event.  I very much try to go to support members of the group whenever they have special event such as this or maybe a show opening.  But hearing her talk about the mental health aspect of her work makes me a little uncomfortable, and I'm not sure why.  

It's back to the deep freeze here as well.  The windows are more frozen over this morning than they've ever been before.  We increased the humidity in the house this winter--a good thing!  For the first time we now have frost on all the windows and water running down when the temperature increases.

David has been having a little trouble sleeping this week.  We replaced the gasket on both of his CPAP masks Monday, and I guess they are a little firmer than he's used to.  He also got them to increase the humidity levels on the machine, and I think this has worked out well. But that also means that he's going through water more quickly, and that means buying the stuff more often.

Nothing planned for today, other than the usual housework and relaxing in the studio.  I suddenly realized that they are setting up the gift shop in Selkirk next week and I have to figure out what pieces I may be taking in.  They always close for the month of January, as they can't find enough volunteers to man it.  Too many "snowbirds" I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment