Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Not doing much

just staying home and trying to stay warm.  Busy machine quilting my charity quilts.  Gillian has asked if we have any pictures of Loren as he was growing up.  I think they may be trying to put something together for his 50th birthday next month. I really culled all of our pictures a few years ago, but still managed to find a few.  A couple are from his wedding pictures ( she may have access to those, but who knows) When he had hair below his shoulders.  Very, very different than his looks now.  One of those wedding pictures was of him, his father and Grandfather.  I never appreciated the resemblance before, but it's there--even more so now that Loren's losing his hair.

Hard to believe he's that old.  While I tease that I was a "child bride", we know that wasn't true.  I still remember how old I felt on that maternity ward with all of those girls around me.  I was second oldest there, and the oldest was in with her 4th. The other two women in our ward were and 18 year old in with her second and a 15 year old in with her first.  But you two have heard that story before.

Stay warm, and think of the poor people in the Maritimes and Quebec.

No comments:

Post a Comment