Saturday, January 12, 2019

What we've been up to

Thursday, after getting a cheque in the mail, we visited the Wild Birds Unlimited store in a local mall.  They had sent an e-mail advising that we could get a free feeder if we bought two "Seed Balls".  I like to do a little something with the money I get from my crafts, even if most of it goes to pay bills.  Well, we got everything for under $20, a lot less than I had expected.  Now, have you ever tried to take a selfie of your own hand holding something that must be held in a certain way or it falls apart?  Doesn't work well, but the second picture is a little better.  David had to open the hook a bit so we could get it on the pole, but it's up now.  We had figured it would take a couple of days for the birds to accept it, but both Sparrows and Chickadees were spotted on it within hours.




 Then, yesterday afternoon, my friend Geesje came over.  ( considering that she lives an hour and half away, in the country, "came over" is a poor description of the trip)  She had wanted to buy some excess beads from me.  She took home a big tote bag full, and I came away with a fair bit of cash.  We both felt we got a good deal, and my bead cupboard is in much better shape now.

We're pretty busy next week, out almost every day.  Monday, the boxes that have been on display at the Gaynor Family Library, in Selkirk will be coming home.  A couple of people had said something about seeing them, but hadn't put my face to the name.  Not sure if that was a good thing or not.  Tonight, my Midsomer Murders is on again, on PBS out of Detroit.  I do enjoy that show, and find it a pleasant way to end the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment