Friday, January 18, 2019

Trying to keep up with myself

My little volunteer job has exploded, as I suspected it might.  I'm very busy with meetings, all out in Selkirk  It's exciting, invigorating and exhausting, and I'm loving it.  Add to that my trying to make an effort to maintain the status quo on the home front, and I find myself not sure whether I'm coming or going.  My studio "to do" list is fairly short, thank Goodness.  I'm enjoying myself down there as well, making charity quilts, using the pieces David and I cut, before I hurt my shoulder.

But today, I have laundry to do, and the kitchen to clean up, then the bathroom to scrub.  I should vacuum, as well.  We're sure not getting that done as often as we should, and the carpet shows it.  I have ladies coming over in mid-February, and am more aware of carpet problems than usual.  They usually only come over once a year, and I try to have the carpet cleaned just before they come.  But our group is getting smaller, by attrition, and now they come a little more often.  We met for lunch this week.  Because this attrition is perceived as a problem, one of the ladies invited a couple of new ladies from another group she belongs to, and we felt that a lunch together would be a good way to get to know everyone.  Only one of them showed up, but we had a great time anyway.

Time to get to work.  Library this afternoon, with a side trip to Starbucks.  Nothing planned over the weekend, except Saturday evening watching PBS out of Detroit.  Gillian is trying to get the family together for Loren's birthday.  Always a challenge with this group!

No comments:

Post a Comment