Sunday, January 20, 2019

Sure need something!

Have gone out for coffee the last few days, just to get out of the house.  It's okay out of the wind, if you're dressed for it, but dressing for it means many layers.  I lucked in finding some very nice gloves at Dollarama.  I bought a fuchsia pair, and then went back for more once I tried them.  But they only had navy grey and black.  Bought them anyway.  I've dug out my knitted scarf as well.  Now I'm sitting with a warm T-shirt, under a sweat shirt under a sweat jacket, trying to play poker.

Starbucks was weird today.  I got sucked into a conversation with the barista, and a roly-poly older man.  Thought he was about my age, but he told me he was 60.  He also told me every tiny detail about his family, and what they have discovered about family through researching their DNA.  I know I've always encouraged us to reach out a bit and meet other people, or even have a casual conversation with a stranger.  This casual conversation cost me 45 minutes that I'll never see again.  But he was obviously desperate for conversation. So often living in the city I see this sort of thing, even closer to home, and have seen it before, at Starbuck's  So maybe I put some joy in another person's life.  I would certainly hate to think that we both wasted the time.

After all of the busy-ness and stress of the last week, we have nothing on the calendar for this week, but I do have a lengthy household to do list.  I'm re-reading the Kelley Armstrong "Rockton" series, and finding many things I missed last time, just as I did when I re-read Louise Penny's Gamache series.  I've often wondered why on earth anyone would re-read a book.  Now I'm finding out, and will maybe do this more often.  I know how much I've enjoyed re-reading John Sandford's "Kidd" series, even if the technology is now quite dated.

No comments:

Post a Comment