Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Printers and hearing aids....

All seem to cost money or so I am finding out. Yesterday was my hearing appointment and it went very well. I was pleased with the fellow who saw me - he himself has a cochlear implant which was quite interesting to hear about. But then the cost sheets were presented to me as to the options available for me to get new aids ( my old ones are too old and of no value now in light of new advances in technology) I brought all the paperwork home to digest, and have another appt Feb 5 for potentially having a pair of "demos" to put in and trial for two weeks. No obligation and no hidden charges as explained by the fellow when I asked him pointedly about this. At this point I do not know how one could pay for the hearing aids except on credit so I must weigh all the pros and cons and make a decision. Even with the government ADP deduction, and with Harry's health insurance payout, it still leaves a heavy load financially if I proceed.
Then we went to The Source and priced a new printer - they are not really that much but they get you on the ink cartridges. We have several packages of new cartridges for our old printer still not used and each of them cost about 80.00 so they are basically useless now. No new machine takes that particular type. Today I shall have to do another set up on the computer to get this new machine functioning - I so dislike all this computer stuff.
Also today Harry is making another large batch of homemade sausages - we have all the meat bought yesterday so the kitchen will be in full force ( me too, I guess haha!)
And the other day we travelled to Callander ( just before North Bay) and Harry purchased a gigantic bird cage which is now sitting in the front room. It will have to stay there as there is no room anywhere else and today I must get it set up for switching birds into it.  This will be a real challenge from my perspective but c'est la vie, it will have to be done.
So, I am running on empty right now or so it feels, but I am sure this too, will subside as all such things do. I have my reading to keep me on an even keel but those moments too, seems few and far between.   How are you making out with your new computer Cathy - any 'test runs" for us to see? Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment