Thursday, January 31, 2019

Getting out and about

Pati, I admire you for your decisions about getting out - you were of mixed feelings about attending your friend Cathie's Show, but you went. And for whatever, or in spite of whatever emotions this event and surroundings stirred in you, you prevailed. Not easy from my perspective, but then I have not had the advantage of experiencing anything similar either. My experiences (or my life?) tends to be totally insular. I think we are all starting to think about our life and our ways differently as we get on in years, and our situations are changing. What I especially appreciate is the discussions all three of us are having together now, about such things. Since we have been sharing with each other via this blog, I no longer feel alone, like I have done in past years (decades) haha! 

Yesterday was a hoot - in the middle of snow squalls we took all three cats to the VET. They actually called from the office to say if we wanted we could reschedule the appointment because of the weather - but I was ready with the carriers, and Harry on board to assist in the car.  So off we went - the whole event only took 45 minutes but I was ever so glad to get back into the house.
I made a new meal of Lentil Patties for our meal - I had heard several mentions of them on the radio - I guess following the introduction of the new Canada's Food Guide. I quite enjoyed them and plan to look at other Lentil recipes - Harry pulled one off the net - a Lentil Loaf  -that I will try also. Cathy years ago you sent a few lentil recipes that I have looked at again - are you still making such meals - maybe share more recipes that you enjoy?
So time for some breakfast and then out to shovel - the plough has already gone by and left it's little gift at the end of the driveway for me to take care of.  And if I feel so moved, all the paths around the yard have not been done for awhile so I must at least clean our way to the greenhouses. Take care 

No comments:

Post a Comment