Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Snow anyone?

Shock yesterday morning to see just how much snow had fallen over the evening and night - more of a shock to see the plough go by and dump a pile at least 5 to 6 feet high at the end of the driveway.  So I got dressed and headed out in the dark - trudged through the snow to the the driveway and just stood there wondering how I should ever start. But taking the advise of Pati as she has so often said: just do something. So I took the first shovel full and three hours later the driveway was perfectly cleared and sidewalks sort of cleared.  Of course in the meantime, as daylight came, so did the neighbours out to their driveways with their snow blowers haha! I was way ahead of them and feeling good about myself.
I forgot to mention that the neighbour Ruth across the street invited me over Dec 31 for coffee and I went - took a tray of cookies with me and she and her husband Gerd and I sat in the front room and had a wonderful visit. I was even offered and accepted a glass of sherry which went down really nicely ( 10 am in the morning!) I needed a little outing and this was it!
Today we are going to North Bay to shop and to pick up a plant that Harry got off Kijiji. Interesting.
I have all the decorations down but not all stored away yet. I missed getting up this morning and turning on my little lighted tree to sit beside and enjoy the early morning quiet. I will have to find some other way to fill my morning solitude.
So here's to the new year and the new hope it brings.Hoping this will be stellar for all of us. I love the blog and look forward to every message and comment it brings my way from you both. So lets keep it up OK?  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment