Thursday, January 24, 2019

Staying warm....?

Depends what day - or more interesting, what hour we speak of. Yesterday it changed from minus 30's to zero - lots of now all day and then some freezing rain overnight and today we shall see it drop again. There is no way to keep track of these drastic changes so I just go with the flow.  This morning i shall have to clean the driveway again - I took the dog out around 6 this morning, just in time to see the snow plough go by and dump a huge pile of wet slushy snow right in front of the two of us standing in the driveway - that should be fun to clear haha!
However yesterday was taken up with clearing snow and getting the greenhouses ready. The small greenhouse is now heated and Harry is fussing about when i can get the big greenhouse heated. i have the cord in place and into the house but the door needs to be covered with some sort of barrier to keep the heat in and I have not figured that out yet. I had to go to the hardware to purchase an extension cord - needs to be outdoor and of a guage suitable to support the infra red heaters.  Also two new thermometers as the ones from last year were on their last legs and turfed in the fall.  I wish now that i had had more time last fall to prepare for this ongoing push in Jan/Feb as i always know occurs and as I usually have myself ready to respond on a dime - but that did not happen last fall as I have mentioned previously. So today i will try to get into the small shed at the back where i think I have the tarps and comforters needed to cover the greenhouse doors.   An even though the temp right now is around minus 8 C it promises to drop to around minus 26 C by tonight. Don't you just love it....
Pati I received the email from C2 (I am on the mailing list) and saw the ad for the event on Jan 30 with Cathy Urbin speaking - do you plan to attend this? I sounds as if it may be quite interesting and I know you have on occasion, attended some of these events? 
Anyway, I guess i should have my second coffee now and some breakfast, and then head out to shovel. Lots of fun...Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment