Monday, January 28, 2019

Pensions

We visited Service Canada today, and later David phoned DND-Pensions.  Not good news, but I'm very glad we did it.  While David might be able to continue to live in the house, I would not.  But we now know what steps we could take to minimize the blow.  A few life style changes will be in order, and I hope we can make them.

Otherwise, it's cold out there.  I seem to remember the Farmers' Almanac predicting a cold bitter winter for the Canadian Prairies, but I don't remember anything about the rest of the country.  David tried to blow snow today, and had problems with the snowblower.  Oh boy!

Dr. Phil's diet tells me that I have to eat avocados this week.  I tried some for lunch and it wasn't too bad.  I've tried to get back on track starting last Monday, and have been doing well.  The <1 4-5="" a="" able="" again.="" and="" any="" anyway.="" aren="" at="" bar="" be="" but="" calories="" clothes="" count="" day="" dessert="" doesn="" figure="" fit="" font="" had="" i="" in="" ll="" more="" my="" nbsp="" of="" other="" pounds="" s="" sample="" samples="" square="" starbuck="" store="" t="" the="" there="" to="">

So right now I'm sitting in the kitchen, looking around at the mess, and trying to make myself care.  Neither David nor I have any ambition at all about thinking about supper, and it's almost 5:00.  But we've been busy with errands, and keeping up the house to a certain extent, maybe we need to veg out for awhile.

31/2 of my 5 charity quilts are done, but my right wrist is giving me grief, so they have been set aside for a bit. Busy work like that is for when my "muse" is taking a break, but now I have couple of ideas that I want to try.  I need to do it while I'm thinking about, or it will get forgotten. Otherwise, I guess that overall my life is pretty boring right now.  We're just trying to keep warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment