Monday, August 26, 2019

All is quiet here

We did get about 1 1/2 inches of rain overall.  Much less than they forecast, but still it was rain. I took advantage of being inside and cleaned out under the basement stairs. Interesting, the stuff you tuck away and forget about.  I found an unopened gallon of paint with the |Sears delivery label still attached.  I bought it in 1994!  I wonder if it is still good?  There were 3 part tins of deck stain. ( We bought 2 new ones this year)  Two big storage bins of blankets. And two empty bins that belong to Pati.  I keep forgetting about them when I see you.  Sam dropped off some vegetables yesterday. I blanched the purple cabbage, and did you know it dyes the water the most beautiful shade of blue?  The beans were getting a bit old, but I cut them into small pieces and marked them for making soup.  Sam also notified us that a bear had been behind the garage eating the chokecherries!  The ground was all trampled and the bushes there had been stripped.  I guess now I know what the dogs have been barking at.  There have been bear sightings both east and west of us, and we think it is the same bear just marking out his territory. It could be a pretty lean winter for the wildlife this year with the crops and pasture being so poor. I can hear Jim outside cutting pieces of wood.  I wonder what he is up too? I shall have to investigate 😈

No comments:

Post a Comment