Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Boondoggle keychains????

Do you remember when we were young buying the plastic tape and making the braided keychains and necklaces etc.  Over the past few years I have saved this tape ( called Rextape) that has come into the house from various places (garage sales, dump) and last week a whole bag full of spools appeared which prompted me to look it up on the net. There they refer to it as boondoggle although I do not remember calling it that??and I found some simple easy to follow instructions on how to start a piece and then braid it. I may just try this out when I get a moment. I clearly recall running up to Osborne St to a store that sold it in different coloured pieces and then trading pieces with friends. It was the rage at that time - I wonder that it is still around, or maybe making a comeback??? Just thinking out loud to myself as I was watering outside, and thought I would share it, and perhaps you folks might know more than i about it especially since you have young ones in your families.
Back to watering!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment