Sunday, August 4, 2019

Purging

Pati, will you have anything left once you are done?  It seems drastic to me but then I am not in your shoes. On the other hand, if you are seeking new directions and it seems you are headed that way, perhaps the purging of the old is necessary? I wish you well in your quest. And i wish i could be doing the same here but not to be....  I may go over to Ruth's for a coffee this morning - I met them (Ruth and husband Gerd) crossing the street to visit with her sister and husband while I was taking the dog for a walk. She wanted to talk but the timing was off so she said to "please" come over today for a coffee. Gerd was kicked by a cow two weeks ago on the farm they manage and his knee cap was dislocated and he is now walking with a huge brace and cane. And I think Ruth is at her wits end but who knows - I hope I can manage to slip over, as she seemed to need a friend?
In meantime our yard work continues - lots of watering as the rain eludes us and I have been attacking rock gardens long neglected. Harry has pulled the garlic and is dehydrating the stems and leaves into powder for use as spices. It is very good but I need to adjust some room in the kitchen to accommodate the fresh spice bags. And the kitchen is in constant "use" mode so manoeuvering about to do dishes or meals becomes somewhat tricky.
Cathy, how is your garden growing? Have you been able to harvest anything - you mentioned your potatoes but what else. I picked raspberries yesterday and I am about to have a bowl of cereal and topped with fresh tasty berries. My mouth is watering now at the thought so better sign off. I'm teasing you......Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment