Sunday, August 4, 2019

It's a good day when....

...you speak with both of your sisters - just not all three together haha! But I guess it can be done if one uses "3 way call" option which apparently we are paying for with our telephone plan.
Watering, watering, watering and more watering with this hot dry weather and no rain in site yet. Emptied all the rain barrels and even used the sprinkler which one must be careful to use when on a well. But it's done for today and tomorrow shall worry about it then.
I went over to friend Ruth's for coffee this morning and was greeted warmly as i was guided to the back patio at the big table under the umbrellas. Beautiful spot they have complete with a hot tub which they use frequently ( not for me! never could understand the use of a hot tub) Gerd, her husband made coffee and brought it to us and then all three of us sat and enjoyed a lively conversation. The gist of her concerns it turned out lay with her sister and brother in law next door to us. Apparently, they "befriend people" wherever they go... and yesterday they were visited by a couple from Ajax ( near Toronto) complete with their huge fancy motorcycle. They had met them somehow on a plane or something?? The sister and husband, entertained this couple over the afternoon and evening and they even stayed the night. It turned out that this couple just called them out of the blue and said they were coming ( without any prior invitation from the sister )  Ruth says this couple does this and "takes advantage" of people. (Not sure how she knows but I guess her sister has told her about them?) So I gathered, Ruth feels they took advantage of her sister and husband. I found this out only after the sister, husband and this couple came to the house to say goodbye - the motorcycle couple was resplendent in leather and tattoos.When we heard the roar and loud noise of the motorcycle taking off, the sister and husband then joined us for coffee so this part of the conversation stopped but i could sense that the sister and husband were none to pleased with the visit - she had videoed the take off of the couple and felt so obliged to show it to us with a happy smile on her face- such as to intimate "they are gone". Oh, dynamics abound and it is so interesting to listen to and observe people. And I was part of it all, but i think Ruth was pleased then to have had me visit and to listen, but I do not know what my part of this scenario was supposed to be.... C'est la vie. 
Well, so another day comes to a close haha! Time to read - always a favourite time for me. I have not worn my hearing aids for two days now and this is causing great concern with others in this household. I guess I will try to put them in tomorrow... just so "there will be peace in the Valley for me yes, indeed...."  Sing along if you wish....Take care folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment