Saturday, August 24, 2019

Life is funny

I'm exhausted.  I didn't even have the urge to go to my studio--the place and work that usually grounds me.  Instead I'm reading a book by Debbie Macomber ( I know, I know---) She often deals with life and the things that cause disturbance in life.  this time we are dealing with a woman and her daughter who is away at college for the first time, and living in dormitories.  the daughter has had an embarrassing experience and rushed home to Mom,  declaring that she can never go back.  All of the cliches and comments Mom makes are so appropriate to my experiences over the past few days.  I guess we see these things all the time in our reading, but only when something is appropriate to an instant in your life do you really understand what is being said.  So here I am relaxed and drinking wine ( I knew better than to head for the hard stuff tonight--I would have finished the bottle and I have an early morning tomorrow)  and all of this advice is so-o-o right in the context of my life.  OMG!

No comments:

Post a Comment