Friday, August 16, 2019

Well, another week slips by

I did absolutely nothing this week. We got our new stove delivered. Did you know they no longer have plugins in a stove and there are no longer user manuals for GE appliances. The quick reference guide keeps telling us to refer to the user guide on the website, but there is nothing there. We had Aaron over today to level our stove and he told us there are no longer user guides, no matter what our quick reference says. So, as he tried to level on our uneven floors he tried to answer my questions.  I now have a convection oven (which I did not realize). With the help of a shim it is now leveled (the fault of the floors, not the stove). Jim went to meat draw. He did not win the chase the ace. (Someone else did). He did not win meat or a table draw, but he did win the 50/50 ($184.00!). Our garden is useless, but Jim says people at the meat draw had the same complaint. (Lots of flowers, no fruit). We did get a tomato from Sam. Toasted tomato sandwich for breakfast today. I did get a few Roma tomatoes from our garden. Jim goes to get his stents out on Monday. I guess I will just sit around the hospital until he is done. (At least 4 hours). I have no where to go and it is not worth going home (driving two hours for an hour at home) but I did go to the library today and I have two kobos so I am good. I will hit Tim’s for a bagel and tea and read the rest of the time. Hopefully this is the last of the worries. Keri got her voter registration card today... “Rain Lorrain Prior”. We are not   This cat sure where that came from but she will correct it before the election. They didn’t even spell Rrain right!  I got a text this evening from a former co-worker. She thinks the neighbours cat was hit by a car. I sent her the neighbours name and she called and left a message. This cat came into the office every chance she got. We even had pictures posted of her as “Honey. Protector of land titles everywhere”. It is sad if she is gone, but she was very old. Still a significant passing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment