Friday, August 9, 2019

Odds and ends

As so many of my posts are--little bits of my mind hopping from subject to subject.

I believe what you are thinking of is fey.  Don't know how it's pronounced but I think that's how they spell it.  Mother always said that Grannie McGrath had it, and that she sometimes thought we  had inherited it.

After reading your last post Beth, I went back and took a better look at the instructions on Not Afraid of Colour.  I had just glanced at them before, but taking a slightly better look, I think that they're about as good as you can get for the technique--especially the pictures.  By coincidence I watched the free show on The Quilt show, yesterday.  I had seen it when it was first shown, but this time it meant something to me.  At one point she is talking about a quilt hanging behind her that has a pattern very similar to the one you tried out.  It is made with Kaffe Fassett fabrics, and I have been trying so had to come up with something I can do with my fabrics.  

Speaking of fabric (I guess I really am into word association this morning) yesterday we took the last of my money and went shopping.  One stop was at the shop I was in a week ago buying fabric, and yesterday I bought some more.  But this time, I took a sample card of all the fabric I had either bought from them, or hand dyed for the internet class, and then just filled in a couple of spaces in the colour wheel.  An extra bonus--David liked the Olfa cutter the clerk was using.  She let him try it out, and a brand new one was slipped into my bag. We had experienced one falling apart, and bought a cheap one to replace it at Fabric land. ( for almost what we paid at the quilt shop) But as one says, you get what you pay for--"nuff said.  Anyway, my extra money is now gone, and we seem to have a lot to show for it, including a well stocked pantry and freezer.

Part of the shopping we did yesterday was looking for a new sweat jacket for David.  He has a firm idea of what he wants, but, unfortunately, it seems that no-one is selling that style this season.  I wonder if Amber ever buys off the internet for Darren?  Maybe she can help me find men's clothing sources.  Maybe wishful thinking--another of Mom's favourite expressions.

While yesterday was a busy one, and maybe too much for both of us, I hope today will be more restful ( silly me!)  There is laundry, and today we change the bed linen.  Later this afternoon, David has to go back to the hearing aid people to check out his new in ear devices.  The appointment is for 3:15, across the city, near Ikea.  this means driving home during rush hour on a Friday.  OMG! 

I finished a bizarre, stupid book this morning, "As You Wish" by Jude Deveraux.  Three women come together, in contrived circumstances, and discuss how  troublesome and unhappy their lives have been.  They are then given the opportunity to go back and change something in the lives, and they do.  Really a stupid concept, but there are some very profound thoughts expressed, especially about the realities of life and love.  This resulted in somewhat of an epiphany within my thinking about myself, my life, and my obsession with weight.

David has just shown his face.  Time to get on with the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment