Thursday, August 8, 2019

Bailey Update...

To the VET this morning - I was not wrong to be worried, and glad not to second guess myself. Viral infection he called "kennel cough" - I have yet to look it up for myself. IM injection antibiotic given, SQ injection med for pain given, and oral antibiotics for 9 days (twice a day) given to me for home administration. He also told me that Bailey was too fat! He told me this about ten times during the visit. And for that piece of wisdom, I handed over $200 plus! So I guess Bailey really never improved since last weeks issues scared me - best to keep a close eye on one's beloveds.
Rain has come to our parts and very thankful for it all. Just had another heavy downpour as I was writing. It comes and goes in spurts, as I was just out with Bailey and although the sky was darkening, the sun was still shining - I hardly made it into the house in time. We are about to take to the highway to go and pick up our bales of hay Harry ordered for pickup at 6 pm. I found a large tarp to line the trunk best I can, but I know a car spa/vacuuming is in my immediate future haha!
In between all of this excitement, I actually managed to make a sample quilt block from some scraps I had. Pati/Cathy, if you read the Not Afraid of Colour latest offering, she made blocks with a centre piece of fabric and was about to sew them together, I challenged myself to try it even though I had no idea what / how she did it and could only follow her pictures as my guide. I was satisfied to have made four 5 inch squares and sew them into a block so that the centre strips made an X across the four. Looks not too bad but I doubt if i shall continue with that. I really only wanted to see if i could make it, and get to sew a bit. Hard when my attention was being drawn in so many other directions while doing it.  So must go now and get ready to hit the road. Oh boy ... going to buy some hay!!!  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment