Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Reading

I just finished the book "Allie and Bea" by Catherine Ryan Hyde.  A bit too cut and dried, and the ending is a little contrived, but the conversations between this elderly lady and teenage girl are somewhat profound, especially when comparing and discussing moral issues.  I wasn't sure I would get into it, but once I did, I couldn't put it down.

Beth, I've been thinking of you a lot this evening, and hope everything is alright.  Probably.  Funny how one sometimes gets these feelings.

Lots of sewing today, and when it was all finished, nothing fit together.  Gotta give that some thought.  But not tonight.

Had my hair done yesterday, and ended up with a slightly different hair style. Even the colour was done differently, and I'm not sure about that, but the problem isn't serious enough to worry too much.

We're both getting worried about our tree.  It appears to be not doing well, so much so that even the neighbour has commented.  So David phoned the city forestry dept, and spoke to someone, who said they would be out to check it before snow fall.  Like that helps much!  But if it need to be cut down, better the city does it than us having to pay for it.  It would be a very expensive job.

 Since I've been fretting over things such as aging and wrinkles, I've decided to try doing Morning Pages again. While in Walmart today, I found 80 page ruled, spiral bound notebooks, for $0.10 each, so bought 10 of them.  Then found the 7 I have on the self from last year, when they were the same price.  One of those actually had writing in it--four pages of goal setting and action plans for 2018-2019.  On reading them, I realized that I've accomplished a great deal of what I set out to do.  I think I may do the same exercise for the next 12 months, and see how far I get.  Admittedly, the goals were mainly relative to studio work, but that's such a big part of my life that doing it again would be quite appropriate, even if one goal would be to find some other thing to help occupy my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment