Thursday, August 8, 2019

Biding my time...

Still here and getting through each day as usual....but funny, Pati,  you mention thinking of me especially. I think we three probably have a bit of the old Irish 'sense" in us?  It is called feah or something but I do not know how to spell it this early in the morning?? What is it called and how is it spelled?
Today we go to pick up three bales of hay in Powassan. This is for the rabbits...Harry ( and me of course) fashioned an outside enclosure for the two rabbits to go into. It is shaky at best and I sat there for four hours yesterday to watch and make sure they did not escape while Harry drove around trying to find hay and other things. I found a phone number ( given to me from the Trout Creek Feed Store) and after Harry made contact, he finally found what he was looking for. Harry also wanted something to eat so went to the local fast food places without luck but came home with two steaks and some potatoes from Foodland and he made a BBQ which was delicious. I would far rather make our own meals than spend money on fast food that usually ends up being awful. In the meantime, I sat and watched the rabbits. Crazy!
This morning Bailey the dog is showing signs again of something - I never took him to the Vet two weeks ago when he was acting funny, because he got better, but now he is acting strange again. It is a worry. 
This weekend is the annual Sundridge Sunflower Festival on Saturday. The street is closed and many vendors come to sell their wares. There is music, and food booths, and a street dance in the evening and usually an excellent turnout of people from all over Generally a good event but I am not in the mood this year although I know I shall have to go and walk up and down, and look interested.  It was last year that we entered Bailey in the Dog Show and won, but I do not think they are having that this year as I have not seen any info about it.
I encountered my first snake last evening in the yard. Usually I just think that they do not exist and go about my business. This little creature crossed my path in the front ditch while i was walking Bailey and then showed up on the front sidewalk again while i was putting things away for the night. So I figure it slithered into the front flower bed as I lost sight of him. Now I am aware and on guard haha! I am OK if I see them first and they do not surprise me.
So time for a coffee and breakfast and onto the day ahead. Hope all is well with you two. Cathy I love your new swing and can just picture you sitting with a book and relaxing. Apparently Jim has the same idea haha!  Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment