Sunday, August 11, 2019

Right about "Those days"

Appliances have always been an issue - they are not made these days to last and when they go, you cannot get them fixed - they are all computerized. Pati you have had your share lately as well. My dryer has been struggling for awhile now but if I ignore the loud banging noise, it will actually dry the clothes (for now), and I have no big burner at the front of my stove to use. However, my dishwasher is perfect. She gets the dishes done whenever I ask her haha!
We have had rain so i cannot complain about that right now. The rain has only allowed a bit of a reprieve from having to water every day. The Sunflower Festival in "Sunny Sundridge" yesterday started out a bit "under the weather" but sure to form, the skies cleared mid morning just in time for the formal speeches and welcoming. The evening was also clear and the planned activities ran smoothly as evidenced by the loud music coming from the Main street as the street dance was enjoyed by those attending. I lay in bed and could hear the music. Same as when there is a concert at the band stand on the waterfront, we can hear the music here at home. I did not go to the festival as I planned not to, but in the afternoon had to slip up to the Pharmacy to pick up Harry's pills so actually saw some of it even if i did not participate. Harry went to the festival and bought some new garlic from the Mennonites, so he will be able to plant the garlic patch soon for next year. Never stops haha!
What was more of a thrill for me was that Harry logged onto Facebook (he follows the adventures of the next door neighbours who are great Facebook people) and somehow they had gone to the airport here and wrangled a flight overhead. They took pictures of their house which of course showed our house and the street and I was just beside myself - remembering when i had actually flown overhead once (by myself) and viewed the surrounds below.  They had the flights for Young Eagles at the airport as part of the Festival, but that is restricted to children up to age 17 I think, so the neighbours must has either 'sweet talked" one of the pilots or actually paid for a flight. Good for them.....
So on with the day. Lots to do, but first breakfast with cereal, and fresh blueberries and raspberries Harry bought at the market stand here in town on Friday.  I also had to cut up a pineapple yesterday ( one of two) he bought at Walmart the other day. I like pineapple just to nibble at but when there is so much that one must consume, it then feels like I have to stuff my face just to get rid of it. Not a good thing....Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment