Friday, August 23, 2019

It’s raining!

It was in the forecast but the forecast has been wrong for months!  It is supposed to rain all weekend. I know it is too late for this year’s pasture and crops but it might be a start on creating a moisture base for next year. I remember that store too. There were clothes on the south side and more stuff (hardware?) on the north. I used to love wandering around whenever we went in there. Daddy bought me a camel hair skirt and jacket there. I loved it soooo much. Even after I grew out of the skirt I wore the jacket until I just couldn’t fit it anymore.  We had our once per year hotdogs for supper. I know I will regret it by tomorrow but you have to do it at least once a year. I dug the last of my potatoes yesterday. It was like digging through concrete. The ground was so hard. Some of the plants didn’t even have one potato. Another year with a garbage garden. I did find one 2 inch cucumber today. Not bad from 24 plants ☹️  Jim went to visit his friend Stefbin Brandon hospital yesterday. He broke his hip on June 26, and then got blisters on his feet from his diabetes and then last Friday he had a stroke. The nurses warned him that he was having trouble communicating but Jim says he didn’t even seem to realize Jim was there. Not a good visit. We have finished pet sitting for Rodney, but I will miss that kitten. All she did was cuddle and purr. And now I sit with a full grown cat sleeping on my lap. Some things just make you feel good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment