Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Fire

The fire evening started good but ended bad. Jim had brought out a blanket to block the breeze.  As I stood up my foot caught on the blanket and I fell towards the fire pit. I contorted my body wildly and flung myself away from the fire. It vividly brought back the memory of tripping on the fireplace at Caddy lake. It’s funny that that is went through my mind as I avoided the fire. I remembered the feeling as I fell and that was 60 years ago! I ended up with just my leg hitting the rim of the fire pit and getting about a three inch burn on my leg. The bruises and muscle strains from flinging myself backwards are what hurt! You should see my butt! ( or maybe you would prefer not to😊). On a brighter note Jim had his scope yesterday and got the stents out. His stomach hasn’t hurt him since and it was pretty sore for the last couple of weeks. And on an ever brighter note I got my hair cut today. I was beyond desperate and don’t know why I waited so long. My bad ☹️

No comments:

Post a Comment