Sunday, August 18, 2019

Sitting around a fire....

,,,,and relaxing beside a lit fire pit equals contentment. Fire ban here so no fires to light, but I did sit by my fireplace and I pretended. That brings some contentment as well.
Just came in from watering (sounds like an old song repeated often haha!) The weather mentions a "chance of showers and thunderstorm" but one never counts on the forecasts any more. But I set up the drain pipes just in case.
Yesterday we did have some rain so I called it a 'rain day" and pulled out my hexi topper to do some work. By chance, my supplies are all in my owl bag so with your message in mind Pati, I checked all my seams around the zipper etc and so far mine seems to be intact. But with your warning I shall keep checking. I have found it to be a durable bag so far - I plan to check the Dollarama when we go shopping this week to see if they still sell the bags.
Made some tomato juice this morning - first batch for this year and I am sure many more batches yet to come. Harry started to pull apart some of the deadish/non productive plants today particularly in the small greenhouse where usually they are prolific but not this year. It just seems like a bad year all around.
Will be thinking of you and Jim tomorrow Cathy as you travel to Brandon. You mentioned it was a two hour drive - somewhere along the way I had it figured for just a little over 1 hour, so now I feel even worse for all that travelling back and forth you did alone during his crisis. I'll pretend to be by your side at Tim Hortons and we can enjoy a tea together! 
I better go now and put the birds to bed. I may have time to read but these last few nights I have been so tired from outside work that reading just had to be put aside.  My Library book is due Sept 12 so I better get at it.   Take care   
ps Re: last Homely House postcards - the stamped borders were a nice addition to the back side - is that what you were thinking Pati when you mentioned wanting to have the stamps - you would use them to decorate your cards?

No comments:

Post a Comment