Saturday, August 31, 2019

An adventure

And Manitoba Highway construction made it so!  We drove for two hours out to Morden to hang a fibre show in the community art centre there. Hwy 75 is all chewed up with two complete lanes gone in places, one strip being almost 20 k. Six people and two hours and the show was up. So we all went to a local B&B restaurant called Bella's Castle.  A lovely lunch that we waited almost 40 minutes to have prepared (?)  Then it was across the street to the quilt store.  This is the same store from whom I bought the Kaffe Fassett fabric by mail just over a month ago.  I went in to see if I could get a stripe to match and I did, as well as a bit more of a couple of the colours.  ( I had only bought a 1/2 yd before)  Then David went looking for some corn, which he finally found, to bring home for supper.  It was back through the same construction  and home.  We stopped to buy me a small salad and him some butter for his corn, then home.  I hope he enjoyed his corn more than I did my salad.  That was one of the worst salads I've ever had!

While we were at the Gallery, I found a new "special" coffee mug.  I broke my last one a few months ago and haven't found anything the equal to it yet. I asked David to buy it for me, while I found out what my job was going to be, and he did, as well as a new wine goblet for himself.  My mug is redder than the picture hows, and his goblet is a warm brown.



So now we're both exhausted and ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment