Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Silly craft sale

This upcoming craft sale is a little different than the usual art sale I've been participating in.  The gallery in Selkirk is putting on an "Artisans Market", using both the gallery space and the parking lot.  The participants can include anyone from the community who's willing to pay for a table.  I'm hoping the two tables Gail and I have rented are inside the building.  The whole thing is a bit "iffy" in the first place because the street is all torn up in front of the gallery, which will really cut down on foot traffic.  There has been a market in the gallery for the last few months, on the third Thursday, but organized by an outside group.  We're hoping to benefit from their momentum.  I think it is a less up market event than Gail is used to, and less than I would like to be used to.  But I will be able to take my coffee cuffs and bookmarks, which I don't normally sell in the gallery gift shop.  I've even made more of each in anticipation. (ho ho ho)

I was somewhat blown away by the latest from The Last Homely House, and not in a good way.  The earlier ones I saw were entertaining, and told us a lot about how she lives and manages her small acreage.  But now I think she's been reading too much of her own publicity.  I felt a little like I was watching her roll around on her bedroom floor in her underwear.

I got a little more done on my journey through the book today.  I just about had it beat when nothing went right.  So I put it down and went out for coffee. When I got back and took a look the solution was right in front of my eyes, so after that it went together quite nicely.


No comments:

Post a Comment