Tuesday, June 9, 2020

A day of mixed Blessings

Up fairly early and busy making Oatmeal Whole Wheat Sourdough bread.  A fairly nice bread, but well favoured with molasses.  Reminds me of the time in Cuba when we watched a molasses filled freight train hit the corner of a building, and the ensuing problem solving carried out in Spanish with lots and lots of arm waving and shouting. There was a note on the recipe that it should be made into three loaves instead of the two that were originally suggested.  This resulted in three fairly small loaves, but David and I agree that the slice size was probably good for my diet.  

Then I had a nap.

After the nap we knew there were a couple of prescriptions to be picked up at Walmart.  I asked David if he would mind going on his own.  By the time he left it had grown into a trip to Walmart, Sobey's and Dollarama, but he was still willing to go on his own. This allowed me to spend time in the basement finishing the book marks.  Then coffee, and a phone call with Gail.  I spent some time telling Gail that I felt a little bit like a "princess', given the day, so far.

Then came supper time, and we realized that neither of us had gotten anything out of the freezer for supper.  We're well prepared for the power cooking that will happen either this evening or tomorrow, but nothing for tonight.  Remembering ordering pizza from Pizza Hut a few weeks ago, I attempted to order on line again.  What a rigmarole!  I ended up phoning, only to be told that I couldn't order from the store on Henderson Hwy, but had to order from a store in Transcona!  So I ordered, accepting that I would have to pay for delivery.  Then she told me that we could only pay with TAP.  If we needed to pay with a card, there would be an extra charge.  Damn expensive pizza.  It better be good, and we will never order from there again.

While waiting for our pizza, David is watching the news.  It appears that there is a serious  overland flooding problem in the Southern part of the province.  Evidently the heavy rains over the past few nights were much worse than I had realized.  Neither had I known that there had been a tornado watch on the Southern part of the province for the last 3 nights.  I hope everything works out without too much damage.

Here's the pizza. I hope it's worth what we paid for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment