Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Flowering plant surprise!!

I was watering the houseplants in the back room this morning and shocked to see a stem and buds shooting up from a previously leaves only plant. Years ago Ruth from across the street gave us a little pot with this plant and over the years it has grown - big broad leaves and although i was told it would bloom eventually, i was shocked to see this. i stood in awe. I cannot see what it is on the net as I only know it as "crevia" and that does not come up. I will try to see if i can speak with Ruth and ask her more. But it was my morning surprise and the sight of it shall stay with me and get me through the day.
Otherwise same old here....out in the yard most of the day working. Yesterday i attempted to spruce the back up and arrange some of my garden ornaments so now I see a row of little gnomes peaking at me when I look out the back window. I have many little animals that i would like to get up from under the tarp (stored for winter) but other needs in the garden usually pull me from continuing with the fun I have in decorating to my likes. I'll keep at it and eventually things will come together for me.
Nice weather now so no worries of frost, and the heaters I have piled at the back door and over which i struggle to step to get out and usually stumble, can safely be put back into the basement I think. That will be another job to do but better sooner than later as I may just fall down the stairs myself haha!
Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment