Monday, June 22, 2020

Looking for the positive

Maybe at my age that means finding the small pleasures that keep up going.  The Rose bush in the yard next door is in bloom. This is the one we steal the roses from every summer.  Maybe I can have a rose on my kitchen table today.  The peony at the side of the house, the one that thrives on neglect, is in full bloom, almost over.  The peony in the front garden, that was split and transplanted earlier this year has a couple of buds.  Here's hoping.  The Mock Orange has been decimated, with us taking out all of the dead wood, leaving just a couple of very high pieces that showed potential.  If all goes well we may have 3-4 blooms.  If not, then the rest of it comes down.  Maybe.  The chain saw no longer works and David had been looking into renting one, when his back pain kicked in and sentenced him to his recliner.  There is a plant in the front garden that was planted when we paid the guy from the nursery to re-do the whole garden.  It has been quietly growing for years, and we haven't ever paid much notice to it.  This year it has bloomed for what I think is the first time.  It's beautiful and we are thoroughly enjoying it.  On a sour note, the Grackles are back at our feeder, today.   Not happy about that.

Last week I joined a Facebook group that shares and supports its members in working with sketch books.  I didn't know that they mainly share sketching.  They have zoom meeting scheduled for Wednesday morning, and I've signed up for that.  We'll see how it goes.  I had noticed many familiar names in the list of newbies that signed up at the same time I did.

David says that his back is a little better.  He wants to go shopping with me later this afternoon, and that's a good sign.  And now it's time to go.  I'll probably end up with a Starbucks coffee as well, today.

No comments:

Post a Comment