Monday, June 15, 2020

Nice to see the pictures

This is obviously a happy and well loved little girl, and maybe a little spoiled as well?  So many toys and a tree house.  Wonderful!  Did you say that Kris had built the tree house?  I'm trying to remember if I've ever seen Chloe, in person, other than at our 50th Anniversary.

The highlight of my life today was getting my teeth cleaned.  It also appears that I have a new dentist.  I knew I was patronizing a group practice, but I didn't realize that this meant I would see whomever was available.  I'm trying to decide if I care.  Not really.

The processes that I went through were intensive.  I was not allowed in the door until the waiting room was empty.  David had to sit in the car and wait for me ( after he had run an errand)I had to sanitize my hands, and then fill out a a very legal form removing them from all blame if it should be determined that I had caught Covid 19 during my time in their building.  I had to have my temperature taken--with a directional temperature gun.  She was not allowed to use the normal machine that they use to scale teeth, which meant that she had to do it by hand using a dental pick.  I remember s a child Dr. T. doing that to me, and it was like slow water torture.  But now that I only have 5 teeth of my own, it's a much shorter process.  I still got my new toothbrush, though.

Not much going on on the home front.  I got some thread I had ordered, and then received an e-mail saying that she was closing the business and everything was on for half price.  After talking to David I went on the site and prepared an order worth close to $300, but when I hit "go to checkout" the whole thing disappeared.  It had taken quite awhile to make up the order, and I had reservations about spending that much money, so I just deleted the site.  I've been buying my thread from her for years, but I know of another site in B.C., where I can get what I want for a slightly higher price.  There is nothing I need right now, just a whole bunch of "wants".

But I have my sketchbooks to amuse me, and have just joined a Facebook group that describes itself as a support group for working on sketchbooks.  It's only been a couple of days, and I won't be posting anything until I know more about what goes on there.

No comments:

Post a Comment