Thursday, June 25, 2020

Glad Thursday is over.

Very foolishly, earlier this month, I made up a "to do" list that I vowed to have finished by the end of June.  You guessed it--it's still sitting there waiting for me to get my butt in gear.  So today, we tackled the bathroom.  Last time I did it, I changed the shower curtain, and the new one had a bottom edge of mold already, probably because we've had such a mix of spring days, summer days and days with the furnace on.  We had agreed that it was probably not healthy for me to be taking the old shower curtain down to the laundry room and hand scrubbing the mold off, especially if we could replace it for $12.00.  But we also wanted to get to the bottom of the mold problem and found it in the inner surfaces and hidden surfaces of my bath seat.  David tackled the bath seat and I tackled the rest of the bathroom.  I did a very thorough job, stripping down to my underwear, and getting at the tub by using my foot to scrub, while hanging on desperately to the grab bars.  I even took a toothbrush and Pine-Sol to the grout between the tiles.  The last job was to wash the floor, and I really wasn't up to getting the mop and bucket form the basement, so simply used my Wet Swiffer for the job.  Since my routine is to do both the kitchen and bathroom floor at the same time (especially if one has to get the mop and bucket from the basement), I did the kitchen floor as well, and not before it was time--believe me.

Then, after typing up the minutes of the meeting last Sunday, it was almost time to consider supper.

David had another Massage Therapy appt. this morning, and was told that he didn't need to go again.  But I made one for myself.  With David more or less out of commission,  I've been doing more of the heavier work myself, and I'm certainly feeling it.  I'm hoping he can slowly start doing a little more.  As well as hearing from the Massage Therapist that he was doing well, he's been able to wear the corset all week, and that is far more than I was ever able to do.  I guess that, like seat belts, they are more designed for the male body than the female body.

So it's  now 8:30 and I'm just now sitting down at the computer.  Sleep well, ladies, and stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment