Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Today we spent money

Or at least charged it to our credit card. We bought a new bed. I hope it is as comfortable as it felt in the store. It won’t be in for a while so I can only anticipate. We took the downstairs couch to the dump; took the upstairs couch down, and bought a love seat for the upstairs. It is such a small room we thought a love seat would fit it better than a full sized couch. We have to wait on it too, since they didn’t have the colour I wanted in stock. I opted for a neutral slate colour so that when I paint the living room I won’t have to worry about the colours clashing. There is still rain in the forecast. It is so dry here and with the wind howling everyday we are watering all the time  and still losing ground. It is at least a week and a half before it looks like we will get relief from the wind. I am really sick of the wind. It seems to suck all the energy out of you. Of course I haven’t used much energy in the last few days. It has been too hot to work outside, and even with shutting the house down early in the morning it quickly gets too hot to do much. Maybe I should appreciate the wind. It made the heat bearable.  And now the inside is as hot as the outside so I will once again open all the windows for the night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment