Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Just lost my whole post!

I was on my phone and responded to a text from Kris and the whole post disappeared. It wasn't even in drafts.  Oh well.   Now I can start with the exciting news. Kris and Sandi can have visitors at their home again.  They are both considered essential workers, so have been working this whole time, but have also had to really stay socially isolated.  Now with the province starting to open up they can have some visitors so guess where I am going as soon as we can arrange it.  The other post was mostly just complaining about my garden.  Early this morning it was looking beautful as I weeded it and when I went back a couple of hours later, all my Manitoba tomatoes appear to have wilt (that breed is supposed to wilt resistant) and a bit later I went back and the Amish paste tomatoes and the peppers also look like they have wilt.  I will wait a couple of days to be sure, but they will all have to be destroyed if they are sick 😞.  I did get one layer of stain on my deck this morning.  I could have done more but I didn't want to open a new can of stain and have to stir it up.  Even using the drill and the paint attachment it is time consuming.  I will do that tomorrow.  I'll probably need more stain since I want to do the other deck too, and my wishing well.  I've been down to the quonset again.  ( I go when it is sunny since I am trying to avoid the sun right now) and moved stuff into "related" piles and stacked up a lot of board and planks.  Still only about 1/3 done.  Our world is opening up, too.  The library is opening on the 15th and the legion is opening for 3 days a week on the 25th.  Only 3 to 8, but we usually only went at about 3 or so and left long before 8.  We have almost worked our way to the bottom of our freezer over the last few months.  I hate to use the last of the pickeral, as I do not know if, or when we can get more.  It does no good to leave it though as it will just get freezer burnt.  We did buy some hamburger and some chicken breasts as we ran out, but I don't think we will ever run out of the pork roast.  We bought 2 boneless pork loins and cut them into 1 1/2 pound roasts, and kept about 4 pounds and made back bacon with it.  But you get an awful lot of 1 1/2 pound roasts out of a loin. I am also out of all my freezer meals except for some soup. If it stays cool I will get some more done soon. I'm going to do some more quiches, too.  I have had a craving again but haven't had the ingredients. Since you cook them from frozen if I get some in the freezer I can grab one and about an hour later I am eating my quiche.  The hard part for me is finding a level place in the freezer to set them down to freeze.Time to get ambitious and watch some television.  Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment