Thursday, June 4, 2020

Damn Wind!

Signing in, I noticed a smiling face up by the insert icon.  Turns out to be just a sampling of various faces and symbols that one can add in.  I can't remember seeing that before.

How exciting for you, Cathy, to be getting new furniture.๐Ÿ˜ŠEven more exciting for it to be new, from the store and not the thrift shop as our most recent purchase was.  I don't think there is any feeling nicer than new furniture, except maybe the sight of chocolate fudge cake.  How long until you actually get it?  Do they deliver it to the door?

David spent most of yesterday putting in the edging for the front garden.  He had to dig the trench by hand, and used one of his Grandfather's stone work tools to do the job.  He said that things were going well until he ran into clay.  The job took most of the day, and he came to supper exhausted.

Taking a break, David went out to buy more Elderberries, since the recipe called for more than the store had given him. On the way home he went into the Shaw place in the Mall and managed to get the cord he needed for his tv.  It took a bit of help from the Shaw support service but we have sound back on the tv.  ๐Ÿ˜‚ (tears of joy)

I spent the day getting ready to learn how to use acrylic paint for  my sketchbook workshop. They have to assume that the students know nothing about some of these techniques, but I promised myself that I would work through these modules as they come, so I carefully worked through all the preparations, step by step, after all, my acrylic courses (plural) were a few years ago.  They appear to have nothing but the fast drying older types of acrylics, but most of what I have is slow drying "open" acrylics, so many steps may prove much easier. Sorting through my paints, which I have barely touched in several years, I realized that I have very little in the way of blues. Thinking about that, I took stock of what I owned prior to starting the course, and what I've had to buy, over and above the course fees, which are substantial.  This lead to a vow to make a point of using what I've bought, in future, to justify the expense.

Today, I may actually get to open the paints, and my goal is to complete this acrylic mixing task, so I can move onto something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment