Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Well, Hello there!

What have I been doing?  Darned if I can remember.  I did have another fall yesterday.  Slipped on the back door threshold, with both hands full.  Sent my right forefoot into sudden sharp extension, and even took my shoe off.  I've been generally sore all over for the past 24 hours, better today, but that foot is looks like it's going to be troublesome.  It appears that the sole of the foot is bruised but not so much on the top.  I think for sure that my middle and 4th toes are probably broken, but certainly not for the first time.  I know there is no treatment for it.  It would be fine if I could wear my shoes with the custom insoles, but the foot is too swollen right now.  So we just "carry on", and take Tylenol.

I know that water in the house is no joke, Cathy, but I still almost giggled when I read your post.  Next time you might try to be more specific when you pray for water.

Now it's noon on Tuesday, and David is out working in the garden again.  At least he's wearing his corset.  We are resigned to staying at home for a bit longer, and have even decided to be more stringent with ourselves about social distancing and such, when we do out.  David is doing what ever small shopping we need, more or less on his own.  This is good to see.

In the interest of appreciating small pleasures, we have a very small rabbit in our yard periodically.  There is also a much larger adult rabbit who comes by, and we pretend it may be the mother.  We've had Grackles recently, and haven't been putting out the bird food so often, so it's a surprise when we spot the Blue Jays pecking away at the dirt, trying to find the remnants of bird seed that may fall from above. David also has an almost red tomato.  He's getting a little antsy wanting to protect it from birds and animals long enough to fully ripen, or picking it now, and hoping it ripens a bit in the house.  So the yard amuses us even if we can't sit out there because of the howling winds.  I'm not  exaggerating there.  The wind has been much too strong for sitting outside even without the umbrella.  But David has it up now, while he deals with the rhubarb and its leaves. Maybe I should join him for a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment