Sunday, June 21, 2020

Speaking of aging

The meeting, in Selkirk, went well, and I accomplished what I had hoped for. It's been so long since I did much driving that I found the trip there and back a little nerve wracking, but I made it safely. Even worse was when a Police car with siren going and lights flashing overtook, and passed me.  I could see it long before it reached me, and smiled to myself when all the other drivers slowed down a bit, until he passed us.  However, I've been tired and somewhat lazy this afternoon.  David told me that he was worried about the yard waste bags in the garage, as he didn't think he could get them out to the curb.  I ended up calling Loren, but getting Jeremy, who took a message.  Loren phoned a little later and told us Jeremy was on his way over.  So I had a nice visit with Jeremy as he picked them up and carried the bags to the curb.  (David has been using the wheelbarrow for the last couple of years.)  Then David took advantage of Jeremy being here and had him help to get the old wheeled walker down from where it had been stored in the garage.  All three of us took a good look at it, and it seems to work just as well as it ever did, so it will do for now.  But now both of us are looking a little decrepit to the younger generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment