Monday, June 29, 2020

Be careful what you wish for

I asked for rain and boy did we get rain!  We had no tornadoes or big hail but what a noisy light show! And rain!  The yard was flooded over my ankles (all soaked in now....we were dry). The river in town flooded and they evacuated the campground. They are sandbagging in town today.  A small tornado touched down in rapid city and even the transcanada was closed in Brandon. The garden was pounded down but I think most of it will come back. Not many flowers on the plants though. Might mean no veggies again this year. My swing blew over and the canopy can’t tighten anymore and I found pieces of shingles on the deck (sigh). And, of course,  our hot water tank quit. Jim called a plumber first thing this morning but he never got back to us. He will call a different one tomorrow. Sponge baths it is. At least I have water. It could be worse.  I’m sitting outside right now. It’s 28c but it is over 30c inside. The house didn’t cool down last night cause we had to close the windows. I actually didn’t get them closed in time and the kitchen and living room flooded. I had to use every towel I had to dry the floors. It’s only supposed to go down to about 20c tonight but I have every window open. This is really the one week a year I wish I had air conditioning. Just reread my post!  It sounds like I’m really ready to throw in the towel (pun intended 😜). Not really. Life is good. Just like everyone else....sometimes you just gotta bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment