Tuesday, June 23, 2020

A little moisture overnight

Not much mind you, but it is a start. I was up early in order to get out there and water but I think I'll hold off a bit as the skies are also overcast - maybe more water will come down on it's own and wet the gardens for me. I did not water last evening as usual because I hoped it may rain but more because i was too darned tired.
We were in Huntsville yesterday to shop and take Harry for his ultrasound for 3:30 pm. So needless to say it was a long day and very hot. But I was thinking this morning as i fed the cats and made a nice Keurig coffee for myself how satisfying it is to have done a big shop and to see the food on hand and to feel comforted by that fact. I know exactly what I shall have for breakfast and I know I have lots of food to fall back on and I know that there is fresh milk in the fridge (rather than the spoiled milk I had to throw away the other day) I do not take anything for granted, but maybe we are also "spoiled" ourselves for being able to shop and fill our shelves???
A highlight of yesterday was going into Starbucks, and using my card (under the direction of the "barissta"?) to check points and what was to be expired. Sure enough I had 50 points to use and was able to get a free carrot muffin and bought a fresh coffee for which I got another 5.3 points. When I got home I logged onto site and see that I have 45 points now and must spend points before Aug 1 or lose more - so in my calculations I figure i can buy a fresh coffee again and earn another 5.3 points to bring it to 50 before Aug 1, and then I can get a free muffin with those points and so I will not lose any???  ...should I have been an accountant haha!
Another highlight was stopping at the Kawartha Ice Cream Store and buying a cup of ice cream for Harry and I to enjoy and to take up time while waiting for his appointed time to go to the hospital for the test. Following the guidelines i stayed in the line up and followed the tapes keeping my distance, ( store closed but take out open) and took my turn to order. I splurged and chose Death by Chocolate ice cream for myself - wow....it was great!
Another surprise for yesterday was receiving a call from a lady asking about pepper plants.Why yes, I said, we still have a few if you are interested! Her husband drove by about 6:45 pm to pick them up - Harry had filled two boxes with plants for them and as I looked at our shelves I still see far too many more that we are left with to plant somewhere. But even a little bit of free giveaways has helped haha!
So another day is here and i guess if it does not actually rain although they call for thunderstorms, i shall have to get out there and do more work. At least those dreadful hot temperatures have subsided and it may be bearable. The inside of the house though is still very hot and may take a day or two to cool off.
Have a good day you two, and take care of yourselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment