Sunday, June 14, 2020

Sunday morning----you know the rest of the song title

It's very early--for me.  I couldn't sleep, or should I be honest and just say that lying in bed hurt too much.  Yesterday was a frenzy of activity, and when the energy ran out, I still had to tidy up. The strength almost wasn't there.  David was a great help in that regard.  I had carefully planned how I would set things up for sun printing, and added a bit of leaf printing, but clean-up was just chaos.  Lunch involved a quick trip to Subway, and supper was a cold salad. so other than two quick meals, all I accomplished was my printing.  I'll try to get a more detailed description and some pictures up on the other blog later in the day.  Everything is just in  heap in the basement right now.  The need to take the pictures will force  me to sort out and tidy up down there.

More concerning are the poor meals, and ultimately, the glass of wine that I had yesterday.  I see the doctor later this week and will be going with a slight weight gain. We haven't seen him in about 6 months, and both have more complaints--age related, of course.  So we already know that there's nothing that can be done about them.

Manitoba is opening up, and the library is now servicing "holds".  That means that I can order books, but can't take them back.  the little devils are piling up in my living room.  I had been keeping a list of books that I wanted, while there were no library services at all, and as soon as they announced that "holds" were available I ordered just about all off my list. Unfortunately, they seem to be coming in one day at a time, and we have to go to a library north of us on Henderson to pick the books up.  Not really a hardship when you realize that the library is right beside Tim's and half a block from Starbucks.  I had been re-reading my Monkeewrench series, and am missing a book.  I had thought that I had ordered it off amazon, but got an e-mail telling me that the order had been cancelled.  No explanation, just a simple sentence saying it was cancelled.  I'm planning to investigate further, but I'm not optimistic, as I know this book is hard to find.  I'm hoping it isn't because they have become so disgusted with the Canadian postal system that they have stopped shipping here.

 More later--maybe.

About 2:00    I have been making bread, and while it was cooking, David chopped up 6 peppers for freezing.  He chops and when there is a pile, I step in and bag it.  That way I can measure what I usually need for the recipes in my book. So we're working away and I carefully measure out 1/2 cup, opened the bag and threw the chopped pepper over my shoulder and onto the floor.  This wasn't intentional, I was operating on automatic pilot, but this has got to be the closest to tears I've been during this whole social distancing time.

However, the bread was finally cooked and the appearance was totally different from the first batch I made with this recipe.  The texture is very, very different and the taste almost 100% better.   I'm so glad I tried the recipe again after the first batch turned out so poorly.  David has said that this is not a good thing, as now, I'll probably eat it all.  He's right!




No comments:

Post a Comment