Friday, June 19, 2020

So nice in the early morning...

Just to walk around the yard and enjoy the coolness of the morning and also, the yard itself. I would love to make many changes to my liking but for now, I just putter away with little areas and clean them up and make them appealing to sit, or walk around. Yesterday I tidied up the area around the firepit. It was a mess and so often I like to just sit there. Soon, I hope, i shall be able to have a fire but for now it is ready. Maybe today i can do a little more. But the garden itself needs more attention, to plant the plants still sitting in pots, and clean up all the shelves holding said pots with plants. And constant watering these days - so hot out and everything drying up quickly. 
When we were at Mikes on Monday I could see so much i wanted to do outside to spruce up his place. In past years Harry and I have gone a day or two and cleaned up his flower beds, and planted annuals and trimmed around. We emptied one bed completely at his wish that held rhubarb and transplanted it here at home - that is the rhubarb I used to make his Birthday pie! We had another wonderful visit with him again thius time to celebrate his birthday. When we go there he was outside cleaning up garbage off the lawn. He has had a night visitor in the form of a bear - big enough to turn over his wooden garbage box and drag it onto the lawn and tear apart his bags. So far three times. There are reports in town of other messes so I expect sooner than later, someone will do the bear in. We had arrived later than normal ( usually about 830 am) because his choice for a meal was KFC and no KFC stores opened until 11 am.We drove as far as Sturgeon Falls going west on #17 - this is about 35-40 minutes from his home in Markstay. At 11 am the KFC opened, we got our order and off we went to Mikes. This is when we found him swearing at the garbage on his lawn. I had blown up 6 balloons and attached strings to hang up but did not even think that unless they were filled with helium, they would not blow nicely in the air, but instead flop onto the ground. OK so much for that haha! It just so happened that that morning also, the University opened the on line registration for Fall semester, So Mike had been getting messages back and forth from other fellow students and as we sat at the table his phone kept dinging and dinging....technology that I am not used to hearing or managing! By the time we left for home, it had been relieved that there had been errors in the posting from the University about the courses uncovered by one of Mikes friends, and the University put a hold on the registration until they could rectify. As of yesterday, Mike says it is still up in the air. But going into third year it is critical for him to get into the classes he wants/needs so he cannot dally with his requests or he chances not being able to be accepted because of full classes. Means he has to continually be checking.I think I am glad I am not in this position - stressful. Anyway, it was another wonderful visit. And becuae in Ontario now we can create social circles with close friends / family and actually be able to touch and kiss (not stay 6 feet apart) I got my hug!!! Although truth be told, on other recent visits i overlooked that aspect of the Covid 19 restrictions and gave Mike a big hug and kiss haha!
Well, time for some breakfast and then on with the day. Hope you folks are managing OK and I am looking forward to your cooler weather coming this way! Just cool enough to enjoy but, not cold so I have to worry about the plants.... please!  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment