Friday, July 29, 2016

A long day , but rewarding

Up to North bay early and at Mike's by 9 am -with Tim's coffees and toasted bagels for us both. (Erin was at work).
Altering his four new bright white work shirts was a challenge. Erin had measured and then bought some fabric at Fabricland yesterday so I was all set to get going.  I quickly saw that there was not going to be enough fabric. But I started with the first shirt and took my time to try a method that would work. It came together nicely so I was off and running with the second shirt . I slipped out at lunch to do some other chores and also return to Fabricland to purchase more of the same fabric and another spool of thread.  
Into the afternoon I carried on, work.. work... work. Mike put on the new Stars Wars movie which I had not seen so I could watch and iron and sew all at the same time. The afternoon went quickly - not to be a spoiler but Hans Solo gets it in the end. Mike said he heard an interview and Harrison Ford stated he did not want to be in a subsequent movie - so they killed him off.
Erin came home from work at 4 pm and was very pleasantly surprised that the shirts were done. All I left for her was to sew on some snaps to fasten at the bottom where I had added the additional flap of fabric. She had made a batch of cinnamon buns the night before and had prepared a fruit platter for Mike and I to nibble on. Nice. For me, a very busy / tiring but gratifying day.
On another note it seems I may be venturing outside my comfort level - accepting an invitation to a Reflexology session. Yes, you read that correctly!  The hairdresser has a friend who is a Reflexologist. She asked her friend if a closed session could be done for several people - in her salon after hours. So she is inviting about six ladies to attend, and she'll have nibbles, and we will have a little private session. She thinks it may cost about $30.00 but not sure yet until her friend decides. What do you think - am I crazy? It is to be in about two weeks and she'll let me know exactly closer to the date. So.....I shall now be doing my feet every night - rubbing calluses with emery boards, and working in creams, and caring for my nails, and cuticles. My feet are such a mess. 
Well, the day is quickly catching up with me - so off to bed. It is the long weekend - hope everyone has a good time doing whatever. Cathy, be sure you and Jim really do just veg out!  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment