Monday, July 25, 2016

Taste Sensation!

Happy accident!  My weight was down a bit this morning.  Over the past month, through all the fuss and bother, I pretty well maintained, but down a little this morning.  Anyway, in an effort to keep on the straight and narrow, I'm using some of my phase 1 recipes, and today was--wait for it--a prune smoothie. Yogurt, prunes, and whey protein, blend, then add a little cinnamon, some coconut oil, and ice.  Well, wouldn't you know it, I actually spilt the cinnamon into the blender jar--a lot of cinnamon.  I managed to dig most of it out, but there was a heck of a lot more in the smoothie than there should have been.  Best tasting smoothie I've had in awhile.

Had some fun with the whey protein.  There was only a tiny bit in the old container, so I started looking for the new one I bought a couple of weeks ago. Couldn't find it.  David couldn't find it.  This is a big container, at least the size of a 4 litre milk jug.  Looked under the stairs, under the bar, all through the pantry--several times.  finally it was found in the linen cupboard!?  Go figure.

Beth, David says to tell you that he's having problems with milk going sour as well.  Starts to go off on the "best before" date.  Never used to do this.

Today we plan to stick close to home.  I bought a new "self help" book, especially for artists--"Creative Strength Training"  by Jane Dunnewold.  This is an artist I admire.  I have both of her previous books, and actually took a internet course from her, during which I believe I learned a lot.  When I started the book, I first thought it was a regurgitation of "The Artist's Way", but once into it, I find there are differences.  So I want to spend time reading that.  I also signed up for a course on Craftsy--a fairly decent internet site, that is becoming quite respected, in the quilting community.  Something to do other than play Candy Crush..

Yesterday was hot and quite windy.  After having David drive me to Starbucks, (as I didn't think I was in any shape to drive,) I sat in the yard and read the book, while drinking my coffee and fending off armys of ants.  I found that, if I moved back, closer to the house, the wind just blew around me, and I was able to read with no problems. Good to know, as one of my goals for this summer was to spend more time outside,  We even bought a table to facilitate this.

So off to tidy up after breakfast, plan lunch and supper, and then to conquer the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment