Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Glad you liked the pictures.

This is what it looks like now.  They arrived just a few minutes after 8:00 am.  I was in the shower and David was in his night shirt.  This is my living room, and yes, that's the corner of the stove you see in the bottom left corner of the photo.


Here is the corner, of the kitchen, where the stove usually sits 
 Here is where I hope to have a sink sometime next week
 And here is the corner where there used to be a fridge.  The open looking box on the left side is full of smaller packages.
They left, and I looked around, and just about burst into tears.  I think I've had enough of this "crap", but I know we will be up to our ears in it for about another week.  These cabinets will be installed by just one man, over the next two days.  Next Monday the contractor is back to hook up plumbing, including the dishwasher, the hood fan, and take care of any damage that occurs to the paint job or other aspects of the room, during the installation of the cabinets.  I have been assured that it will occur.  David has a doctors appointment Monday afternoon, and somehow, I have to make sure he doesn't miss it, even if it means giving the contractor a key.  Tuesday morning there is an inspection scheduled for 9:00.  This is from the company that built the cabinets, and not any sort of government inspector.  He inspects for any damage that occurs to the cabinets themselves during installation.  Then that has to be repaired, and I have no idea who does that.  We now have a name, and David spoke to the man this morning, who will come and fix the tear in the flooring, from when the fridge was moved.  There is a delay in getting the tiling done, and that may be 3-4 weeks.

And now maybe we can have breakfast.  

No comments:

Post a Comment