Friday, July 29, 2016

Reflexology

I have had reflexology, and the results made me wonder if there might not be something behind it.  Also, the couple we used to see, who divorced several years ago, both took the training, and they felt it was quite valid. The basic premise is that many physical complaints can be diagnosed and/or moderated by massaging certain areas of the feet.  Regardless, I think it's the most wonderful foot massage system, although they don't go above the ankle--as far as I know.  Wish I could join you.

Quiet days here.  I didn't sleep well Wednesday night, and was sort of "out of it" all day yesterday. Except for a trip out to buy coffee in the afternoon, I sat in front of the tv, watching "Income Property", and sewing hexies.  We didn't even fuss too much about supper.  Busier today with laundry, and kitchen work, but I still sat for a couple of hours watching re-runs of "Dead Files", and sewing hexies.  Again I didn't sleep well last night, so got up about 2:00am, and started to read the latest Stone Barrington book.  Went back to bed around 3:00, and finished the book over breakfast. As you said, Beth,--a fast read.

We've also had a problem with the bank, but certainly not as serious as yours, Cathy.  One of the tellers is new, and has not yet developed the degree of attention to detail that, I believe, is required for the job.  David took the bills in to pay out of the chequeing account, and came out a little confused about what had happened.  I went over the paperwork and discovered that one bill had been missed, but appeared to be stamped, none the less.  This is the same teller, who, a couple of weeks ago, when I went in to withdraw $200, took the money out of the automatic dispensing machine, and handed it to me.  It didn't feel right in my hand, and since he hadn't actually counted it out, as they are supposed to, I counted it back to him. Found that he had only given me $100. So when I went back, yesterday, I spoke to the manager and expressed my concern, about his skill level.  She was appropriately polite, but I don't think she was too concerned.

We are having fun watching the crow, squirrels, blackbirds/grackles, and Blue Jays, all dealing with the peanuts.  David has now taken to lining them up on the small shelf at the bottom of the feeder, where the crows will not be able to get them.  I think that little squirrel is going to have quite a tummy ache.

No comments:

Post a Comment