Thursday, July 21, 2016

Exactly my sentiments....it is gorgeous!

Just a quick note to say how much I love it. Yes, it is truly yours now. And thanks for the gratuitous shot of the blue towels haha!
I was especially happy to see the table all set up and looking as if it is being used, as before.
A big boomer came through this afternoon but after an hour or so blew itself off and then the sun came out. But for me it was good - it was my turn to water and with the rain, my job was complete.
Two more 4 qt baskets of plums were purchased this morning from the Log house folks. She called me again last evening to say they had just arrived from the south, and if we wanted to come this morning she would be pleased to see us.  I sat with her husband and another lady for a while talking while she and Harry sorted out the fruit and the conversation turned to farming and bringing in the grain. He was born in Sask and goes out regularly just to watch the fields being cleaned. I told him about my experience watching the wheat come off your fields Cathy with all the combines working together and well into the early morning with brights lights on all the equipment to make it like day light. This man was more than familiar with this practice, and it is exactly what he likes to observe each time he travels back to Sask. I guess it is in his blood. Thought you might get a kick out of this Cathy - probably more familiar to you as well, but the time I saw it, it was new and spectacular.
Well, bed time already.  Take care.  

No comments:

Post a Comment