Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Watering

Just came in from watering - this is a major procedure anymore, but things are so dry, you have to water.  There may be rain in forecast next day or so, but the sky looks nothing like rain tonight.  They have lifted the no fire ban as of yesterday, but I will need a nice evening, when I'm not so dead tired, to stay out and enjoy a bit of a fire. The pile of dead fall (to use for my fire wood) that I have been saving over last year or two was getting too messy, so I put it out and the village took it all away. First Monday of the month they drive around and pick up brown paper bags of leaves ( no plastic bags) and branches etc. This is my contribution to the 'tidy up outside" campaign currently underway here haha!   I phoned a company called Mr Eavestrough yesterday to get particulars /costs etc to replace our eaves. As you know I hate having to pump every time it rains - so maybe new troughs will fix the problem? At that cost - it sure better improve the situation at least. I'll make final arrangements next week - we have to cut some overhanging branches before they can come and that may take some time. One thing at a time -slow and steady.just like your lists of TO DO Cathy!  Although I think you may have an advantage over me, in actually seeing results?
Time for bed...and read of course! Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment