Wednesday, July 20, 2016

tiles

I wasn't sure where to look for the pictures of the Musical Ride, and slept in this morning, so haven't really had a chance to try to figure it out, but it was neat to hear about Cathy's experiences there.  It sounds as though Keri is becoming a force to be reckoned with in the town.  I'm pleased for her.  She's works hard and has earned whatever comes to her.  
I've been quiet about the tiles, as the grout isn't in and the spacers are still quite visible.  I think it's changing the character of the room a fair bit, and I'm anxious, now, to see it actually finished.

We sold quite a few jelly jars at the garage sale at Amber's.  they went quickly, but I'm not surprised, when I see the price of them in the stores.  They're well worth hanging onto for years, if you can.  We were looking this week, as I wanted some labels.  We bought some spice jars, in a rack, as we've been forced to move the spices, that were formerly over the stove.  We couldn't find any labels, and were told that they only stock preserving stuff once a year, at canning time, but have had so many requests, that they are looking at the policy.

I ended up taking the Dr. Phil book back to the library after only reading about 1/3 of it.  What I read, and the results of some of the self assessments, told me that I'm not in as bad shape as I think I am, and that this is not a good time for me to be even thinking about some of the things in the book.

I just finished another Gamache book, and again, have been blown away by the author's characters, and insights in to behaviour.  The book was " A Trick of the Light", and I believe it was the very first book I ever read of the series. It was a few years back, and familiar, yet most of the detail was still new to me, as I had forgotten.

The city and the plumber are all coming Monday afternoon, and I've been warned to have money ready.  


No comments:

Post a Comment