Thursday, July 14, 2016

Still hot!

We are still in the middle of this heat wave but hoping that it will break soon. Tempting to rain at supper time but blew over and didn't affect the temp and humidity at all.  As a matter of fact I walked over to the Library (open until 7 pm) to see if I could order the next Stone Barrington novel now that the postal strike is in limbo. The sky turned black and the wind came up and as I entered the building it started to sprinkle. I didn't bring an umbrella but thought it would be an adventure to have to walk home in the rain so didn't worry about browsing at the books for a bit. In came Harry - he drove up to get me afraid I would be caught. So out we went, and by then the sky started to clear. So no rain, but I did manage to grab the first in the series of Holly Barker novels before leaving the Library. So I will be reading tonight.... yeah!
We received a call from the orchard people last night that they had just driven up from the South and if we wanted to come this morning they had more cherries, and also apricots and plums. Harry had already ordered more lettuce from the Spring Hill Farm up the road in Trout Creek, so off we went this morning and bought fresh hydroponic lettuce, and then to the Log House and bought fresh picked cherries, plums and apricots She also gave me a quart jar of peaches that she had preserved last year. They both love to talk so it turns into a nice visit as well.  We've never been into the house but it is a real log mansion -huge three story house with all windows at the front facing the lake. 
The pictures of the drawers indicate a real change and ease for you to get things. I thought of this this morning when I went looking for my raisins to put into the rice pudding I was making. Down on my hands and knees with a flashlight trying to peer into the lower cupboard where I thought the container was - not so - it was in the fridge haha! The sliding drawers look very convenient! Good you thought to include that idea in your initial plans.
Well, time to bed and read.  Hope all is well with everyone.  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment