Sunday, July 10, 2016

Shopping

Yesterday we got a bit of shopping done.  (Walmart on Saturday afternoon??  We must be crazy!)  We went to a few places like Walmart, Canadian Tire, Sears, and The Bay, and even visited a high end kitchen store that Loren had told us about last fall-- a full circuit of the city. We found the pot holders, tea towels, and kitchen towels I've been looking for, ever since we painted the kitchen blue, but the problem turned out to be a new bread box, and, n, we couldn't find one.  We found a couple of bread "bins"  These are boxes that will hold one small loaf of bread.  The top comes off, and turns over to become a cutting board.  These cost anywhere between $40.00 and $140.00, and the differences weren't terribly obvious, except maybe in the type of wood used for the cutting board part of it.  The cheap one was the only one that came with a flat top.  This was so you could stack a couple of them, just in case you wanted more than one loaf of bread.  It included instructions on how to put one on top of the other, in case you couldn't figure that out for yourself.

David also found the neatest gadget in Walmart.  This is a free-standing, fold down/ open up pole with arms to hang those few items in the laundry that have to be "hung to dry".  This  isn't for hanging general laundry, and would replace my second hand IV pole.  The price was right and we bought it.  Not a great picture, but you get the idea.



Today, I'm going to try to figure out where I'm going to put things in my cupboards.  Not only do we have fewer cupboards  (we know this as we have two door handles left over), but the configuration is different, and quite a few things will have to go in different locations.  We are both so tied to routine that this will be quite an adjustment.  I have warned David that moving back in will probably take a few days.   I'm teaching in less than two weeks and will have to work on up-dating the class, and how things will be taught.  When I taught it in April, there were a couple of areas that needed work.  This is preying on my mind, but there was no way to deal with it any sooner as I wanted it to be fresh in my mind when the time came to teach it.  Since sleep has been short, given the heat, I just have to find the energy to actually do the work.  

No comments:

Post a Comment